Heather Holland Insurance LLC

Serving all of your insurance needs!

Browse Our Services

Auto insurance can be "split limit" or "combined single limit" (CSL) coverage. The first number in your auto coverage is per person, the second number is per accident, and the third number is property damage. For example: 100,000 per person / 300,000 per accident / 100,000 property damage "split limit"; or 500,000 CSL. If you have the 500,000 CSL, the amount will be used towards bodily injury and property damage as needed.

If you cause an accident and have "full coverage," the other people involved can get their vehicles repaired, and so can you by paying your deductible.

If you cause an accident and have "liability only", the other people involved can get their vehicles repaired, but you will have to pay out of your own pocket to repair your vehicle.

Homeowners insurance with "replacement cost" gives you the peace of mind that if something happens you can get your home back to the way it was with the like, kind, and quality you had prior to the damage. This is figured by asking a series of questions about the interior and exterior of your home.

Landlord policies are used when you have a property rented to others. There are three different "dwelling policies" (DP) available: DP-1 (Basic), DP-2 (Broad), and DP-3 (Special). When you buy this type of policy make sure and read your policy when it arrives to understand what is covered and what might be excluded.

The DP-1 (Basic) offers the least coverage, and losses on the dwelling and contents would be settled for "actual cash value".

The DP-2 (Broad) offers a little better coverage with losses paid by "replacement cost" on the dwelling and "actual cash value" on the contents.

The DP-3 (Special) offers the same coverage as the DP-2, with more coverages available depending on the insurance company.